Friday, August 1, 2008

Welcome to our Family Blog!

Hi Friends!

My goal is to have new pictures of the girls each week, we’ll see how long I can keep up. Okay, so I thought about that...there is NO way THAT will happen so we’ll go with every once in while. I can handle that! (Karen, don't hold me to this, please.) This picture is my attempt at getting a “good” photo of my girls on Easter Sunday.

A good photo of both is hard to come by.


Unless of course, they are in the bath tub and covered with bubbles. Who can resist the tub pictures? Good thing they are both under the age of 4. Let's keep everything here G-rated, people.
I guess I just need to let go of my desire for a decent family picture. I’ve accepted that it will never happen. Catherine was very grumpy and cold in this one.

So what really frustrates me is Catherine’s non-existent attention span, Lauren’s “funny” faces, John’s short patience level, and my desperate attempts to get all bows in place and smiles on faces. My unattainable dream.

Notice the forced smile on poor John's face. See how Catherine is desperately trying to free herself from my embrace. Maybe I should hire a professional....photographer, not hit man.



See how long I've been seeking the perfect family picture? And, when I say perfect, I use that term loosely, very loosely. This was taken a year ago while visiting family in Rhode Island. Many of you have heard the story of my most recent trip to RI. What a debacle. I DO NOT, repeat DO NOT ever recommend flying alone with two small children. In fact, traveling anywhere alone with two small children is never a good idea. Just ask my sweet sister in-law, Karen. I'm just saying.

So back to the photo issue. I mean, is it too much to ask to have four people simultaneously smile at the camera (and look happy?!) Check these out. My most recent attempt. We all have tried this or know someone that has.....

Wow. Poor John, isn't he a great sport? You know what he's thinking. How much longer do I have to endure this torture. The rest of your life, my friend. Don't even comment on my hair, it was windy. And apparently, Lauren had business to attend to....in her nose.

Notice the expression on my face. This is the point at which I gave up.....for the evening. Next time I'll hire a professional. Or, do like my friend, Susie, and time my beach vacation for the same weekend as our photographer friend. That was pure genius, Susie. And, your beach pictures are beautiful....and make me very envious. I'm just saying.

I did get this one photo I sort of like.
Notice how I tweaked the colors to make it look antiqued, sepia, or something? Isn't that cool? Man, I love my Mac. And, my girls. Oh, and John. And, okay....I love you too, Marley. When I'm not chasing you all around the neighborhood. But, that's another story for another time.

8 comments:

The Dyer Family said...

I'm loving it already - your writing is hilarious! And I only wish we had half as many imperfect family pictures as you do. We barely have any - maybe we should get together on that. Joe can take pictures of your family, then you can take pictures of us! I like it. :):)

Joy said...

Go, Lisa!!! I am so glad that you finally did this! I love it and I can't wait to read more. Yay!!!

Joy

rushton3 said...

Okay, this is too cute! You are not giving yourself enough credit! It's hard to get a GOOD family picture with two little ones and the wind blowing in your faces. Keep posting more pictures. I love seeing the girls. Leigh

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa! I love the "sepia" photo....so sweet! love, KB

Karen Anz said...

I'm not quite the same person after traveling by myself for 3 weeks with my two kiddos. Please take Lisa's advice and never travel alone with your children. If you decide not to heed our warning, I have several therapist's phone numbers I can give you when you return.

I'm really not-so-sweet anymore, Lisa. The travels have permanently scarred me.

:) Lylas, Karen

Amanda said...

Oh Lisa! How I've missed you! I can't believe I lost touch with you! And when did you have another one? My goodness! They are so cute!

Wow- our lives have changed so much in 4 years!

Amanda said...

Two things....

1. What's your email address?
2. It's been 7 days since your last posting!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

You are as funny as ever!

Brad Hinton