Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's the Little Things in Life #1

I don't know if my husband would agree with me on this statement, but I truly gain pleasure from the smallest things. Things that some may call trivial can bring me great joy.

For example, it struck me this evening as I was loading the dishwasher that I LOVE it when I completely maximize every single inch of space available in my dishwasher. I mean, you couldn't shove even one more knife in that thing and it get cleaned effectively. It really makes me happy.

Isn't it fun when we can derive pleasure from the most everyday, boring tasks?

5 comments:

The Dyer Family said...

oh - that's a big deal!! i usually move everything around in there to get 3 more glasses in - joe will think it's full, but i know better! that's what all those hours of tetris as children were preparing us for - loading the dishwasher AND loading the car for long trips.

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
I completely agree about loading the dishwasher efficiently... I love it too, and could do it all day long. It's the UNloading that I loathe.
Kinda like laundry - I love sorting and throwing the clothes in the washer, but putting all the piles away in all the drawers makes me crazy. :)
By the way, I linked you on our site...

Amanda said...

I'm with you, sister!

Cindy said...

Few things give me as much joy as maximizing space in a dishwasher. (Well, a neat and tidy pantry is a big deal for me too!) I'm sure it's the OCD!

Reese Elizabeth Collier said...

I agree!! My better half just doesn't maximize the space as it is meant to be. And I agree with the dyer family: Playing Tetris as a kid was good for something! :)