Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Little Bo Peep and her sheep

BAAAA!!! Catherine was in character the whole night and even kept the headpiece I made on her head most of the evening! Yes, you read correctly. Believe it or not, I am quite crafty at times. I made most of her costume using an old rabbit suit from a former Halloween costume. Just sewed some felt on the ends for hooves, hot glued some white pom-poms for sheep fleece, and made her headband with more pom-poms, some wire, and felt! Like Big Mama put it, I'm like a ghetto Martha Stewart. You can do anything with a glue gun.


I was really worried that Lauren would figure out how to use her staff to grab Catherine by the neck or start whacking people with it. Luckily, she just figured it was a useless accessory and carried it around with no incident.

Trick or treating gets better each year as the girls get older. It is a good thing they don't quite understand that they could go to every house in the neighborhood if they wanted. So, we just went to a few on our street with some good friends that live just a few houses down. As you can see, Catherine started in on her candy immediately. Knox is the cute little monkey you see, Stewart, our policeman (he did a great job patrolling the street and keeping the kiddos in line.) And, Caroline, our spunky diva. Trust me, her costume was fab, she just got a little chilly so needed her coat.Caroline and Catherine inspect their loot. Catherine wanted to eat each piece of candy she received right after it dropped in her bucket. "Save it for later" was completely lost and useless on her.

"Can we please stop posing for photos, and go get some more candy already?!"

Isn't dressing our children up so much fun?! I guess this is probably the last year I will dictate what they will wear for Halloween.

Now it's time to think about Thanksgiving and Christmas. Is anyone else freaking out a little that we're this close to Christmas?! I need to get out and get some shopping done, pronto!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

They are darling!

Tiffany said...

They are darling!

Amanda said...

So funny that you like "The Promise" from When In Rome! I got the tape in 1988 and played it until a few years when I suddenly couldn't find a tape player in my house! I know the entire tape by heart and nearly jump out of my seat when I hear it in the car! Note to self: iTunes it.